BUM 50 miles
SOK Knallen invites runners to Borås Ultra Marathon 50 miles
Saturday 24th May 2014
An 87 km ultra marathon in the terrain between Göteborg and Borås
(Vildmarksleden och Knalleleden)
Since last year, Vildmarksleden has been realigned and therefore from now on, the length of the course is 87 km. However, the name BUM 50 miles remains.
Start: 08:00 at Skatås exercise facilities in Göteborg.
Finish: At PTHuset, Landalagatan 1, in Borås.
The course: A lovely mountain course with gravel roads, trails, some asphalt, roots, rocks, descents, mud, water, meadows, forests, farms and some houses.
Orientation: Throughout the course there are orange painted marks that will be improved during the spring. The responsibility for finding the right way, however, is on each and every contestant. Therefore, it is mandatory to bring your own copies of maps on the course.
Support: Each contestant is basically self-sufficient, but BUM will have five food and drink stations along the course:
- Station 1, Härkeshult, ca 17 km: Water, cola, sandwiches, sweets and chips.
- Station 2, Härskogen, ca ?? km: Water, cola, sandwiches, sweets and chips.
- Station 3, Hindås, ca 42 km: Water, cola, coffee, sandwiches, soup, eggs, pickles, sweets and chips.
- Station 4, Aborrsjön ca 57 km: Water, cola, sandwiches, pickles, fruit, candy and chips.
- Station 5, Nortorp, ca 72 km: Water, cola, energy drink, hot dog, pretzels, candy and chips.
Drop bags: At the start, the contestant can submit a 10-liter bag/pouch that will be transported to Station 3 in Hindås. It is also possible to submit a bag of stuff that will be available at the Finish.
Equipment: Each contestant must bring a map of the course, a mobile phone with the number to the race director, first aid kit, and enough liquid and energy to cover the needs between stations.
Bib number: Each contestant must wear their bib number visible on the front of the body.
Slow runners: For slow runners the race is over if the contestant fails to reach Station 3 before 14:15 or Station 5 before 18:45.
Safety: All contestants are required to help other runners in distress. There are also club member runners from SOK Knallen that will stay in the back. At the Finish, there will also be medically trained personnel.
Littering: Needless to say, you bring your junk to the stations and throw it there.
Finish: At the finish area there are showers, sauna, whirlpool and food. (All included in the registration fee.)
Dropping out: If you have to drop out, you are responsible for your transportation back to civilisation. However, if possible, BUM personnel will help you. It is also important that you notify the Race Director immediately.
Transport to the start: Will be arranged from PT-Huset in Borås and leaves at 06:30. If you want to come along, please indicate it at the registration. Cost: 100 SEK.
Registration fee: 550 SEK. When registering, you will receive an email with payment details.
Maximum number of participants: To be able to provide a good service to all participants, there is an upper limit of 250 participants, as a total for both BUM 50 miles and BUM 45 km.
Registration starts Sunday November 24 at 09:00:
- All registrations are handled according to first come first served.
○ However, the top-5 from in each class from BUM 2013 are guaranteed a place if registration is done before December 1. Otherwise, that place goes to the next person in the cue. If you were among the top-5, please indicate that on your registration.
- After registration you will receive a mail with payment details.
○ You must pay within 7 days. Otherwise, that place goes to the next person in the cue.
- Your registration is completed when BUM has received your payment. After that, you will be able to find your name on the published startlist on the website.
- BUM does not repay the registration fee.
○ You can read more about insurance against cancellation/illness on Startklar.nu.
This is included in the registration fee:
- Drink and food at the five stations.
- Dinner, drink, sweets and chips at the Finish.
- Nurse at the Finish.
- Sauna and whirlpool at the Finish.
- Medal for finishers.
- Prices to the top-3 in each class, but also random prices to the participants.
- A fantastic experience in a tough but lovely environment.
Race Director: Peter Karlsson